My Family

My Family

Monday 2 May 2011

My new and hopeful career



So While in Kamloops I was thinking how crappy it was that the Sun was beating into my car on a hot Summer day and poor little Samuel was getting the sun in his eyes and how frustrated he was that the hood of the car seat wasn't quite working to give him the sun protection he needed. So I did some research and I found a car seat 'tent' and I thought it was an awesome idea.

Well Carla's baby shower was coming up in December and I wanted to make something for her because she has almost everything she needed for Damien and I wanted to get her something unique. So I brought out my grandma's 1940's sewing machine and went to work making a car seat cover for Damien with just an idea in my head.



Viola! My first car seat cover was made. I got excellent reviews, but I knew that it wasn't quite complete and I needed to make changes to it before I was totally happy with it. So a couple more babies later and I finally have a model that I'm proud of and I'm starting to make several of them to sell.

I made one for Janet's sister-in-law and she loves it and tells friends about it. I guess one of Natalie's friends said that I should start selling them in baby boutique stores and she knows someone who will help me market them to the different stores. WOW!

So I'm taking her advice and making some to market to stores, as well as sell them on my website that Idealize360 will be making shortly. I am getting really excited for this!!

Well I'll write more about it later, I need to got finish a car seat cover. I'll reveal more info when I'm ready to get this going!!

No comments:

Post a Comment