My Family

My Family

Thursday 3 March 2011

A house full of kids

Let me start off by saying that I love crafts for kids.

I was a little anxious this morning because I was going to watch my 2 kids in addition to Alexandra and Kole. I wasn't sure my condo would fit any more kids (I'm exaggerating, but you know how kids are... running, screaming, etc) but thanks to crafts, I was able to keep all 3 kids (Sam not included) entertained.

So all I did was cut some egg cartons, give them glue, foam shapes, googly eyes and let them have at it! Sophia and Alexandra made caterpillars, while Kole made a train (surprise). It kept them entertained long enough to get food on the table. Where have you been all my life!!

Today after I put my kids to bed. I reflected on the day and feel an overwhelming gratitude to my Heavenly Father for giving me 2 wonderful kids. Sophia is amazing me with how much she's learning, and especially how much she learns about the gospel. Just a week or so ago she insists that she says prayers by herself. they are usually just the beginning and end of a prayer, but I love how she's trying and wants to be independent. She's so great with her little brother and to this day (almost 11 months after he was born) she still calls him "baby". She takes care of him and whenever he's doing something that he shouldn't you'll hear her say "uh ahh" and either takes something away from him, or moves him out of the way of "danger". (although it's funny to watch her try and move Sam, because he's almost as big as her)

What can I say about my little Samuel. He is SO serious, but has a wonderful sense of humour once you crack his cautious shell. I think one of the reasons he is so serious is because a week after he was born, we moved up to Kamloops for 6 months, so he's only had our little family surrounding him. So as a result, any extended family that wants to play with him gets the cold shoulder. He loves his mom, but there's something about his dad that attracts him the most. He LOVES cuddling and spending time with Vitor and it's such a special bond that I hope sticks around. Samuel is walking more and more every day and right when he takes his first step you get to see his big, beautiful smile and the excitement that he feels by learning something new.

My children are such a blessing in my life and I love that I have the privilege of raising these beautiful spirits. I really do have the best job and the following saying couldn't be more correct:

My greatest blessings call me Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment